Friday, September 2, 2011

CR diplomacy

Once we had this conversation with fellow filipinos here in NL. Then, a dutch interrupted and said. "somehow I understand what you were saying". It is because of the english words in between. "Si" sabi din ng isang spaniard because of the "kumusta, kubyertos, tinidor y kutsara". The glory of Filipino language. 

There is one thing they do not understand and that is CR. By saying that I have the hard time looking for it here. They called it here WC for water closet. Hahay. kahit sa US tawag bathroom. But anyways, heto na ako nakita ko na ang CR, I mean WC, but my biggest problem was which closet shall I take? Heren or Dames. It took me 30 minutes to figure it out by waiting who comes in and who comes out. If I followed my instinct and paalig-alig mentality I would have end up inside the ladies "Dames" room. Paano medyo macho ang dating ng Dam and "Heren" seems feminine with "Her" at the start. ha ha. Well, if ever I got caught in a compromising situation, I just pretend to be one of the Dames. Anyways, Netherlands is the gay capital of the world he he.

Since I am an engineer. I found one design of a urinal bowl interesting. Well, actually it is not that picture above but I cannot show the other one. Just simply imagine when you raise your head up after you pee and saw in front of you a one-way mirror. And the other side were ladies washing hands in front of you. Obviously, they did not know that while they were fixing up their faces, they were literally looking at us, I mean "us". That was a good trick for less water consumption but I have to hurry home to finish my own liquid nitrogen cycling.


Actually, we were in restaurants when all of these incidents happened. That's the answer to your mental nagging of what's the relevance of my lead paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment